REVIEW Wella Illumina Salon Hair Colour at Toni & Guy

I was at Toni and Guy hair salon for a hair cut as well as hair colouring service using Wella Illumina Color formula, which I was told by the colourist that it enhances curls so I need not worry that it would straighten my waves.

REVIEW: There was a short consultation with the hairstylist and colourist before they proceeded to get the colour done. I was assured that this salon colour lasts longer than most regular formula, but would still require a touch up every two months.

The hairstylist was concerned about my dry ends which left my hair appearing unhealthy, so he suggested trimming off the dry ends and against trimming the fringe this time round. That was followed by a hair colour which was completed very quickly. The colour was left to set for 35 minutes after the colourist finished with coating Wella Illumina Hair Colour dye over my hair.

At the sink, the colour rinse out was followed up with a five- to 10-minute Wella Colour Save Foam Treatment, at an additional fee, to prolong salon colouring. This treatment mask also left my hair softer than before. But of course, Wella Illumina also conditions dry hair drying the colouring. (For details, please go to my previous blog on Wella Illumina.) 

VERDICT:
Wella Illumina Hair Colour left my hair healthier and glossy longer than most salon colour I’d done before. I did the salon colour in July and it was about three months before greys became obvious. This is slightly longer than usual. I am impressed with Wella Colour Save Foam Treatment, which only costs me less than S$50 and it required only 15 minutes at most. In comparison, a regular hair treatment that follows after a salon colouring usually takes between half an hour to an hour. I usually prefer to style my hair with curling with tongs after a hair colour or cut as the weight of my coarse hair would have straightened most waves by in one hour. However the stylist did a simple hand dry for me, perhaps he wanted to give me a more natural look and did not want to stress my newly coloured tresses further with more heat styling. 

Picture taken right after blowdry

See the high reflects?

Wella Illumina Hair Colour change service (or whole head colour) at Toni and Guy costs $240 for long hair. 

Tips for Coloured Hair Care:
1.       When choosing a hair care range, note that a good grade hair care range is preferred from the same brand to reap more benefits for they use similar or same chemical component.

2.       To care for coloured hair, one should switch to gentler shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair to reduce colour loss and to prevent hair from becoming dry.

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend, Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up best hair salon in bachupally.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your topic related comments/responses to contests. Thank you.